I know that Flynn and I just hung some Thanksgiving garland and window gel clings and that the Thanksgiving meal menu has yet to be set, but Christmas gift exchange is upon us and I recently needed to think of a few of my go-to gifts or things I would I love to gift/receive.
My mother is the queen of having “extra” gifts on hand. She always has a closet of gifts in case someone unexpectedly shows up or she joins in on another holiday swap. As I enter this adult-world and start to think about gifts for various exchanges, pollyannas or gifts for extended family members I have compiled a few things that fall under $20 (some may be with promo codes or discounts – sorry I love finding deals).
Some of these gifts work for moms with small children, others are universal. A few of them are things you can “price up” by adding a few smaller things. I hope that as you peruse this list you gain an idea or two or it sparks some creativity in ideas for the people on your list.
- Tubby Todd BathWash $12.99 (Gift set is $24.99) I love natural ingredients and even more shopping small. Ordering kids’ bath wash is usually not the norm and it is nice to splurge and have a deliciously smelling kiddo running around.
- Tessemae’s Salad Dressing – $5.99 (Gift Set $16.50) I discovered these amazing salad dressings, sauces and condiments back in the spring when I did my first Whole30. I was struggling to shake the Nola (and let’s be honest Flynn) baby weight. I also was tired, eating out of exhaustion and needed a reboot. I jumped into this, but knew I needed things quick and easy – and didn’t that take much prep time. Seriously, the Cracked Pepper Tessemae’s is an addiction. It is great as salad dressing or marinade and makes me want to eat salad all day everyday. Still. So for a foodie or someone who likes to eat clean or just enjoys delicious dressings this makes a great gift. Also, by clicking the link above you receive 20% off through the referral program!
- Laundress Laundry Detergent $18.99 My sister got me hooked on this stuff back when Flynn was a baby. It smells amazing, is eco-friendly (When EWG ratings were not good/available my sister emailed the company for an explanation. She was pleased with their response). Not many people enjoy doing laundry, but when seriously this detergent makes me want to wash my kids clothes – it smells amazing. Flynn’s old teacher use to talk about how great he smelled 🙂 There also is a deal right now on Soap.com for 2 bottles of the Laundress Signature Detergent for $24.19!
- Cat Studio Dish Towels – $20 These are one my favorite house-warming, wedding, house guest, random gift giving ideas. They have a variety of cities, national parks, states, college and holiday options to choose from. I love cute dish towels, but never really pull the trigger on decorative cute towels. These are fun little gift that that have personalized feel. Another, great option is to gift a set from Anthropologie. I have received and bought a few of these and I love their design and thickness.
- Christmas Decor – (Price Varies, Example Below is $14.99)My mother has so many awesome Christmas pieces that she has built over time from my favorite Gingerbread cookie plate and impressive mantle display. As someone new to the Christmas game (as an adult) my decor is limited and something that I love to build year after year. For a new family just starting out – or even someone who has their own place for the first time – a cute Christmas garland, Christmas cookie tray or holiday decor may make for a great gift. For someone you may gift each year, it can even be fun to start a set and give a piece each year.
So there you have a few ideas I have generated for this year. Many of these things do have coupons (like Kohl’s) or even cashback if you sign up for Ebates.